£26000 - £27000 per annum + benefits
A Purchasing Assistant is required for a local firm to support the Supply Chain and Purchasing functions, taking ownership of buying processes & liaising with key suppliers.
What will the Purchasing Assistant be doing?
- Manage purchase orders and place with suppliers to progress to delivery
- Monitor stock levels & customer demand to identify raw goods to be ordered
- Monitor usage patterns, review stock control, buying trends
- Maintain the works order process and forecast account
- Prepare and issue monthly purchasing reports.
- Maintain daily contact and relationships with suppliers, occasional visits
- Manage & purchase indirect products and services, workwear & safety equipment.
- Manage stock to meet current demands and supplier lead times.
What does the Purchasing Assistant need?
- Live locally 10 mile radius and drives
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a Purchasing role
- Experience of material purchasing in a Production (or Manufacturing) environment
- Intermediate use of Microsoft packages
- Ambition to progress career and training
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
What's on offer for the Purchasing Assistant?
- Salary up to £27,000
- Hybrid working for the foreseeable - 2 days from home
- Holidays 23 days + shut down between Christmas/New Year
- Training program