In the near future I will be working closely with my client, a construction company based near Gatwick Airport, to recruit for a permanent and full-time Financial Accountant.
Reporting to the Finance Director, this role entails overseeing all aspects of financial accounting, including:
- Financial reporting in-line with UK GAAP
- Assisting with the preparation of financial reports for US company (US GAAP)
- Taxation work
- Bank & Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Delivering month-end reporting- actual v cost
- Budgeting and Forecasting
This is a superb position, which offers fantastic benefits and progression. It would be ideal for someone looking to take a first step (from practice) into industry- alternatively, it may well suit those that have already worked in industry but looking for their next challenge.
The ideal candidate for this role WILL:
- Be ACCA, CIMA or ACA fully qualified, be coming towards the end of a qualification- though for the perfect person they will consider those that are significantly "qualified by experience" (Essential)
- Have AT LEAST 2-3 years' experience within a financial reporting focussed role (Essential)
- Have worked within an accountancy practice previously (Desirable)
- Have used multiple accounting packages previously- for example SAP or Oracle (Essential)
- Have experience of US GAAP (Desirable)
- Have experience of financial reporting in-line with UK GAAP (Essential)
- Have advanced Excel skills (Essential)
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position ASAP!