Do you have previous purchasing / buying experience and want to work for a group of companies who are expanding and investing heavily in new processes and equipment?
A Buyer / Demand Planner is required to support the purchasing function, help reduce overall supply chain costs and increase efficiency, managing supplier relationships. This is an integral role for this medium sized business and key to manufacturing/production.
What are the day to day activities of the Buyer / Demand Planner?
- You'll monitor stock levels and customer demands
- Ensure goods ordered and place purchase orders with suppliers to meet demands
- Register orders, progress purchase orders to meet requested delivery times
- Monitor usage patterns, review stock control to meet demands
- Source related supplier RFQ's
- Assist Finance to reconcile supplier accounts.
- Demand planning, maintaining forecasts.
- Manage and purchase indirect products and services, workwear and safety equipment.
- Maintain daily contact and relationships with suppliers
- Prepare and issue monthly purchasing reports.
- Undertake supplier visits, this could be abroad.
What do you need?
- O Level/GCSE inc. Maths & English Grade C and above
- CIPS Level 3 or above
- Experience in a Buyer or Demand Planner role
- Experience of material management into a Production/Manufacturing environment
- Intermediate in the use of Microsoft packages, good Excel in particular for reporting
- Ambition to progress through a tailored training program
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
What's on offer?
- Salary up to £26,000
- Hours Mon-Thurs 8:30-5; Fri 8-3:30 – 37.5 hours per week
- Holidays 23 days + shut down between Christmas and New Year
- Tailored Training program